Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Jesus = Life

Read 1 John 5:1-12

The truth is:  no one likes a hypocrite.  No one likes it when somebody says one thing and they do a different thing that contradicts the thing that they initially are saying in the first place!?  Confused, let me explain:

Following Jesus, at least on paper, is quite simple:  If you love Him - you should do what He says.  If you want to overcome the world (and all the junk and terrible things in it), you should trust Him with everything that you've got.  Jesus = victory over death, Jesus = life, Jesus = love, Jesus = the Way.

So why do we make it all about us?  Why do we complicate things with our agendas, our selfish desires, our 15 seconds of fame at the expense of others?  We are sinful.  We are flawed.  But we are not stuck if we simply follow Him.  He is the way.  He is the Truth.  He is the light.  He is the Light.  He is love.

My hope and prayer is that the simplicity of the Gospel will shatter my complicated will and world.  I pray to be overwhelmed by the simple yet overwhelming truth of Grace and Love.  God has rescued me from myself, and I keep crawling back.  I want to live simply, surrounded by the Truth of His overwhelming simple but amazing Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment