Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Invictus

Amazed.  That's the only word I can come up with to describe my reaction to grace.  And words are not sufficient.  How can words describe the impact that the Grace of Jesus Christ has on my life?  It's heavy, weighty, overwhelming to think that God would love me like that.  And when I'm broken, that's when He does His real heart-work.  In my brokenness, the unbreakable God of the universe performs another miracle on my obliterated-sinful heart.  He makes all things new.  He sustains me.  His mercies are new every morning and His grace always rains down and reigns in my life.

Amazed.  Why would God choose to do His kingdom work through people?  But I'm honored, and motivated to give Him my heart, and to let Him make it clean daily; to give Him my faith and let Him mend it daily; to give Him my life to live for Him daily.  Our God is invincible.  Our God is unconquerable.  Our God is Amazing...just like His grace.

I heard this song this morning (Invictus by Brave Saint Saturn)  and I will conclude this post with a few lyrics from it, that sum up how I'm feeling today:

You part the shadows,
Light of the World.
Destroy the blindness
Peace Eternal.
Take this broken heart,
if it brings You praise,
Take this beaten soul,
shivering hands I will raise.
Hope Unstoppable,
Sing the morning sun,
Wake up oh sleeper,
the Daylight has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment